Sunday, January 26, 2014

Music, Mood and Activities

Music. Something that soothes the soul and tends to your emotions. 

It's really your choice of what to listen to when you are feeling happy or down. But I believe that there are times when certain types of music are suitable and some not, depending on what you are doing. Let's see. Based on what I know about music. Which is quite little really.

Songs

Songs, as in, those with lyrics that you can actually sing to at the karaoke. This type of music I really don't think is suitable for studying or reading, unless your brain can prevent you from writing down the lyrics to the song in your notebook or focus on trying to comprehend the lyrics and sing along to it while you are reading. Better not listen to these while you are doing something that needs FOCUS.

Awesome to listen to while you are feeling really down though. When I get upset I listen to sad songs and I curl into a human burrito and just let the sadness flow through me. My choice of songs to listen to when sad ranges from Hey Delilah to Seven Devils.

I guess it works for when you are happy as well. Listen to those happy happy songs and they make you feel hyper, maybe. I listen to Lenka's songs when happy. 8) The thing is, SONGS. LYRICS. They can give you the FEELS. Consume in healthy doses.

Instrumentals

Composed music. Piano. Violin. Guitar. Instrumentals. If you want, go include space drums and glass harps and even music boxes. Your choice. Turtle here loves listening to the celtic music provided at calmradio.com. This website provides quite a number of stations for you to listen to according to your mood and choice of music.

I find this music unbearable when I am feeling angry. I get annoyed and instrumentals make my mood worse. It is nice to listen to, however, when you are calm and waiting to fall asleep while reading or drawing on your bed. Instrumentals tend to give a soothing vibe - why they fail to cheer me up when I am angry I will never understand. Best listened to when calm. I like listening to instrumentals when I am doing housework or drawing. I'd draw dark stuff though. D:

Tune in to the right music and you feel like a happy Cinderella mopping the floor. No guarantees. Might just be my imaginations.

TECHNO

OF COURSE Techno must be mentioned. Especially Trance and Dubstep because I like these two. Electro's not bad, hardstyle I used to like but now not anymore. Other genres of electronic dance music (EDM) I have not explored much.

Techno may have its music way too repetitive, the beats and all, that may bore the listeners at some point. But you can't deny that this music is what you listen to when you are trying not to fall asleep when doing whatever you were doing. I listen to techno music when working and trying to ignore my surroundings which might have been too noisy for me. Plug in, play dubstep, ignore the world. Pretty much what I do to seek solace in my daily life. 

Dubstep, especially, it gives me the BOOST needed when I work. Speaking of which, I am not listening to any music now and I feel sort of terrible. But I'm also a bit too lazy to lift my big arse off the chair to get my earphones in my room which is possibly about 10 footsteps away.

So yes, these are the types of music that I am going to mention in this post. What kind of music do you guys listen to when you are doing certain activities? Is there a whole new type of music that you think needs to be mentioned more in the music industry? Comments are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Hello from France
    I am very happy to welcome you
    Your blog has been accepted in Asia Malaysia N°436 a minute!

    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"!
    The creation of this new blog "directory" allows a rapprochement between different countries, a knowledge of different cultures and a sharing of different traditions, passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking,
    photography and poetry. So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
    The more people will join, the more opportunities everyone will have. And yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
    You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog in your Country.
    This is not a personal blog, I created it for all to enjoy.
    SO, you also have to make it known to your contacts and friends in your blog domain: the success of this blog depends on all Participants.
    So, during your next comments with your friends, ask them to come in the 'Directory' by writing in your comments:
    *** I am in the directory come join me! ***
    You want this directory to become more important? Help me to make it grow up!
    Your blog is in the list Asia Malaysia N°436 and I hope this list will grow very quickly
    Regards
    Chris
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/09/06/12090603083012502810288938.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/07/12/12071211040212502810092867.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/15/1203150723211250289584870.png
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/09/21/12092110155912502810343002.gif

    If you want me to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls which allows a special badge in the list of your country
    I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?
    Please! Actively support the "Directory" by making known to your friends! Thank you! "Unity is strength"
    Not need an invitation to join the Directory. Any person who makes the request is entered


    New on the site
    Last news of "Directory Blogspot" "
    Soon we will award the best Fashion blog and Makeup, crafts, cooking, paintings
    The Competition is open

    Ranking of Countries
    Invite your friends know made ??
    the website to raise your ranking in the Country

    ReplyDelete