Saturday, January 11, 2014

This is your life

"If you could read a book containing all that has happened and will ever happen in your life, would you? If you choose to read it, you must read it cover to cover."

Hmmm.

Tough question. 

what I would look like in20 years according to
in20years.com 
I'd want to read it to relive the memories of my past and wallow in self-pity or happiness or sadness or whatever feelings I felt back in the past. I would feel an urge to just flip through the next couple of pages to see if I achieved my dreams and wishes.

I want to know if the relationship with minion works out or if I turn out to be yet another cat lady or maybe married to someone else that I met in some other time in my life. 

I want to know if I would die of a disease or be killed in a car accident or some careless slip in the bathroom. 

I want to know if what my life would be according to the book would be boring and if my life would be like just any other working human's. Maybe my life would be different. Maybe I would refuse to work and spend my life earning money and die after having done all my responsibilities.

I don't want to read the whole book, it would be stressful to know what's coming up next in my life. Life would be boring. Predictable. And being me, I probably won't do anything to change it.

It's tempting to know what my future would be like. It's even more tempting to look back into my childhood and see what I did because I have forgotten most of the memories of the trips overseas my parents brought me to when I was still a child, from since I was a baby till when I was maybe 4, 5 or 6 years old.

But as tempting as it might be, I guess the best choice is to leave what we should not know alone. Let it be, and face the unknown future and learn as we experience. That would probably be the best choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment