Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8 Whole Months of Holidays

4 more days before I'm going to start on a new phase of life in university.

Not sure if happy or sad that
my holidays are coming to an end
It's been a long time since I last posted anything at all on this blog and I have no excuses for it really. My days were filled with staying up late gaming or reading, drawing, working and packing.

Quite monotone and schedule-ish really.

Looking back, 8 whole months without studying, I can't help but wonder if I can pick up my studying pace again when I continue my degree studies.

"Did I do anything useful at all during these months?" I couldn't help but ask myself.

Well sure, I submitted a story for a competition, tried some researching for a project, tried improving my patience with kids and if anything, probably ruined my health a bit from the lack of exercises and potato-ing on the couch with the laptop.

I lost most of my social skills, unsure how to communicate with friends in person. Rather, I communicate with them better on the social medias now and it turns a bit awkward when I meet my friends. I remember the fun I experienced last year, sure, but it's probably taking a bit of time before I can 'get out of my shell' again.

Housewife material level ++. I learnt more housework stuff. Learnt to fix the internet connection problems. Learnt to made a few dishes. Can now carry heavier stuff for helping around the house.

I ditched learning French and went for Spanish instead. This is very recent, but I have learnt about... 7 skills on Duolingo within the past few days and I'm happy about it. Still complaining about languages like this giving genders to every object/animal/food etc though. It's sorta ridiculous to people like me who knows like 3 languages - English, Malay and Mandarin - all of which that refers to lifeless things as 'it' only.

I earned enough money to buy myself a new phone, Huawei Ascend G700 for quite a low price of RM700. I think. I forgot the price. Maybe it was RM800. ... Yeah, probably RM800. With a free 10,000mh powerbank. I finally have my own smart phone and I'm happy about it. It's good.

There's just one thing that I'm worried about regarding the course I chose - Bsc (Hons) in Biology with Psychology. Now, seeing that BIOLOGY is a major part of the course I thought that it would be a necessary subject as an entry requirement thing. Instead, Chemistry is the compulsory entry requirement subject. Then you need to have EITHER biology or physics.

And as it turns out I'm a poor chemistry student compared to my other subject.

So yeah I'm a little worried that my course might stress more on chemistry than its name intends.

And another thing.

I'm not sure if I will fit in with my lisp and natural bitch face and who knows what else. I'm going to a really city part of a city (does that make sense to you cause it does to me) and I'm not sure if I will be okay there.

I guess time will tell, but I really hope that I will be having lots of fun in uni instead of being an outcast and miserably study my way through the three years I'm spending there.

But as I said, time will tell.

Time will tell if I will stay a good girl there, if I'm still going to be one of the top students and if I will improve myself by the end of my studies. Time will tell if I've made the right choice in the course I'm studying and if

Well I'm just gonna stop dwelling on the what-if topics. It's sorta useless actually ahah

No comments:

Post a Comment