Saturday, January 10, 2015

To You

 To the Guy who will Never Think of Me the Same Way


            First of all, I want you to know that there wasn't anything wrong with your decision. You see me as a friend and only a friend; I can’t do anything about it.

I want you to know that when you asked me for the reasons that I like you, I had many answers in mind but could only ask you back, “You don’t need reasons to like someone, do you?”

You’re witty, funny and even though a little childish and kiddy at times, you’re one of those good guys who would walk a girl home to make sure she’s safe, make some time out of your busy schedule to listen to a girl with a burdened heart and share a song you like via a pair of earphones in class when the lecture is boring enough to make you fall asleep.

You’re a good friend that I don’t want to lose, but also a nice guy that I’ll regret losing the chance to be with. I apologize for being selfish, causing the disturbance in our friendship by confessing to you, but I’d much rather have some closure than never knowing what your answer might be.

An answer it is that I got, and I want you to know that I'm slowly letting you go. You weren't mine to start with, but I will let my feelings fade as time passes. I wish you happiness, and I only ask that our friendship will stay throughout the next few years.

To the Girl who has been Clinging on to Hope


            Look at you, 19 years old and over-thinking relationships. It is alright to be heartbroken, but hey, don’t dwell in it too long. It hurts, I know, and your tendency to think too much just makes it worse.

            You’re still young, silly. Still a teenager, and it's still too early for you to worry about finding and keeping someone when you probably haven't even grasp the concept of love yet. There’re many other fishes in the sea, and this fish just isn't yours to catch. You can still care for him as a friend and look out for him. Someday, you might find that there’s someone who has been caring for you while you were busy getting heartbroken over someone else and it will be worth the wait once you realize it.

            Learn to be patient, and learn to love in more ways. Be bold and be strong, but don't be afraid to break down and ask for a shoulder to lean on when you're not at your best. Most of all, I hope that you will one day let go of your feelings and move on with no regrets.

To the Girl he will Love



You're beautiful, with a lovely smile and a pleasant personality. I never stood a chance against you to begin with, when all I have is a tomboy-ish manner and a sharp tongue.

I must confess, I am envious of what you will soon have. He will treat you well and you will most likely be happy. I can only hope that you can return the love he gives you and care for him like how I wish I could have, in your place. 

He has yet to love before. I hope that you will show him the ways and let him hold a strong faith in love. Remember his birthday, his favourite foods and drinks, the types of things he likes and comfort him when he is sad. Listen to his favourite bands, motivate him to study and take good care of him should he fall sick and be a good company to him. Find out more about him and understand him. Please love him better than I ever can.

 I truly wish you happiness, albeit with a heavy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment