100th post!!!! + Sweet 16

STARTED FROM LE BOTTOM NAO WE'RE HERE.

100th post. Achieved on the 21st of January 2014. Blog established on the 5th of August 2013. Only after 5 months and 16 days did I reach my 100th post.

That's actually kind of slow isn't it. == I'm sorry about that.

But first of all. THANK YOU TO ALL THE READERS THAT MADE MY 100TH POST POSSIBLE. 

Thank you all who took the time to read through my posts and pointless rantings. Thank you all who supported and followed my blog and even gave me feedback on mai Facebook account.

Blogging is made awesome by having you guys. Thank you once again. 8) I shall improve and keep up on my blog's performance. 8)

Today's daily prompt: When you were 16, what did you think your life would look like? Does it look like that? Is that a good thing?

Come to think of it I don't think I have a picture of just
le ex and I alone. 
Let's see. When I was 16, I was in Form 4. New life, academically. I chose to enter science stream for my Form 5 finals, SPM. I already was aiming for the Straight A's even then, thus the efforts. Sweet 16? Like many other girls out there, I imagined having a nice boyfriend who would celebrate it with me, and feeling like I've became a girl for real. You know, not the tomboy-thing I was. My head was filled with many surreal expectations in a relationships, due to the romance-genre books I read back then.

And then there's this idiot that got into mai life
when I was 18. =)
I was upset, a little, because I thought I was going to enter arts stream when I was 16, but my parents did not allow that. I thought that I would just give up on my artsy dreams one day and stick to science forever. I also expected like a HUGE change in my life, in some aspects. Friendship, maybe. Or maybe I would change into a completely different person, whoever I already was back then.

Some of what I expected did come true. I DID get a boyfriend, on the 3rd of February 2011. I WAS happy. He DID celebrate my sweet 16 with me through a phone call. Sang me a birthday song. A boyfriend though it was, he was not PERSONALLY there, but that's only because we live a state away from each other. With sweet 16 over with, so was my first relationship. But two years later, when I turned 18, I had someone else who celebrated my birthday with me, along with one whole awesome bunch of friends who gave me a surprise birthday party. I have wrote about that before. 

I DID get straight A's one year later. I DID stick to science stream for one more year afterwards, and although I really should have taken a foundation in arts to make it easier for my degree this year, it was in this  course that I met and knew my idiot. I DID NOT expect life to turn this way, in means of getting to know what friendship is like, and what it would be like to live away from home when I moved into the hostel. Life has been better than what I expected when I was 16 so far, and I can only hope that it will get better and better.

All that happened was good. I learnt, I got hurt, I got up again, I experienced. 

I grew up. =) 

If asked to pinpoint a certain year in my life that I love the most, I must say that it's in 2013, where so many things happened in that one short year. It's a year that I can look back at and smile at, fond of the memories. 

Nicki Sim

Tatoru Yuki's Rantings. Powered by Blogger.