I got skills

Daily Prompt: "If you could choose to be a master (or mistress) or any skill in the world, which skill would you pick?"

The first thing that came into my mind was, of course, designing and drawing. Being the best in this would mean that I can make quite a big sum of money while doing what I actually love. Being paid to do what you like to do would be real good. At least that's what le current 19-year-old me thinks.

But that that would be boring. I would be the best, and there won't be anyone I can look up to in terms of productivity and skills in my field. There won't be anymore challenges in what I do. 

It's the competition that actually makes us improve and learn, thus know more than we did maybe a few days ago, or a few months or even years ago. What's the fun if you already are the best and might not even improve anymore? 

Isn't it amazing what lines can do?
Credits to xaxor.com
By then, I might only be designing and drawing for money. I might lose interest. Seeing better works on Tumblr or even Google image have motivated me to draw better ever since I could remember. I'd see a picture I really like and download it into my 'Artsy - Reference' folder and look through the photos when I have no idea on what to do or draw.

I guess if really given such a choice, I will settle with communication skills. I would prefer to learn how to draw and design as I grow up and grow old. 

Communication skills would really solve a lot of my problems, you see. With communication skills I would be able to keep friends close and enemies closer, keep the bonds already present, and when I start working, I might be able to reel in business. 

It would be an interesting skill to acquire for someone who is quite an introvert. What would an introvert with good communication skills be like? 

It makes me wonder. I'm curious. 

Nicki Sim

Tatoru Yuki's Rantings. Powered by Blogger.