Proud, 100 Happy Days

Daily Prompt: When was the last time someone told you they were proud of you?

I guess we all hope to get approval
from others?
*sits on chair, legs and arms folded thinking, deep in thoughts, staring into le soul of my Asus laptop*

You know, I can't remember. Maybe it was when I received that Outstanding Academic Achievement thing last year, said by le parents. But then I can't remember them actually SAYING it to me either. 

...

Boy do I feel disappointed now.

But ish okeii cause altho I can't remember the last time someone said they were proud of me, I can do with just 'thanks!' and some appreciation. 

Cavan finally viewed le video I made for him and he said that it was awesome and thanked moi for eet. 8) Made me happy enough.

It's funny how we always tell others stuff like, "No, you are awesome the way you are. You're a wonderful person. Don't let yourself think otherwise!" yet we still hope for some sort of appreciation or approval from the others.

Being a blogger means that we would be obsessing over the stats - number of views, comments, followers, et cetera. Post a video on YouTube and you reload the analytic page hoping to see the increase in number of views and likes. And we have not started talking about Facebook, Instagram and Twitter yet.

I think it's a pleasant feeling when someone is happy or proud of you. Simple words can brighten up one's day easily and act as a way to motivate. 

It is good to be happy as well. =) Which brings me to this.


I have started on this little 'project' on Valentine's Day. It's a very simple task, which asks you to post a picture of something that makes you happy and you use a public hashtag #100happydays for 100 days in a row. 

You can choose to post it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr. And if you want some privacy, so that you won't have to post your pictures with privacy set to 'Public', you can add your own personal hashtag for them to track you.

Total privacy? Just e-mail them. You can check the details at the website I have given above. If you decide to join, I wish you all the best in completing all 100 days of this challenge!

By the end of the 100-day challenge, you will have your 100-pages book which is filled with stuff tht made you happy the past 100 days!

It makes you count your blessings and reminds you to cherish things around you, so I believe it's good for us. 8) Try it out if you haven't. It only takes about 5 minutes of your time a day.

Nicki Sim

Tatoru Yuki's Rantings. Powered by Blogger.