Some Favourite Memories

Let's just say I've had my share of good and bad memories, experiences and friendships. But instead of lingering on the bad ones, today I'm going to write about the positive ones. 

*****


Going to the washroom with some girl friends, and then wash my hands and with my hands still wet, place them on the said friends' pinafore where the boobies are. D.I.Y. Body Glove. Said friend then has to exit washroom with arms over her chest while waiting for the wet handprints to dry up.

-
Exam period. Late night studies with the hostel gang. Battery running dry? TETRIS BATTLE! "I RAN OUT OF ENERGY. GUYS. SEND ME ENERGYYYYY."

-
Remember "What does the fox say?" In le car and that song was playing super loud and the few of us were making retarded sounds and singing along.

-
All the skirt flipping, boobs grabbing, bra unclasping actions going on during my time in girl school.

-
First discovering yaoi when I clicked on a Yu Yu Hakusho fanfiction video on YouTube, getting traumatized and searching for it again the next day.

-
Practicing and performing for cheerleading in secondary school, even if it turned out to be shitty. Much fun nevertheless :)

-
Trip to Singapore with coursemates in Foundation Year. We may not be together anymore, but the remaining memories from that trip is still one of those that I'll smile at when I remember them.

-
Fangirling at cosplays during my first anime convention, ANIMAX 2015. Rare moment for me to geek out in public and not being judged.

-
12th birthday party. Invited classmates and neighbours and some of siblings' classmates. Biggest birthday party ever done so far. Cakes, games, lots of gifts, birthday invitation cards.

-
Book hauls. Excitement at seeing a huge hall filled with more books than I can ever read in my whole life, and choosing just a small portion of them to bring home and arrange and display on my bookshelves.

-
Getting the second-hand electrical keyboard from my cousin. That feeling when I first learnt to play Turkish March even if it was a simpler version and I can never get the ending or speed right.

-
Running away from a senior who was teasing me when she found out I like her and eventually getting caught, a bit too roughly perhaps, because the sides of my pinafore got torn. But it's all fond memories now.

-
First hugs with the guys I liked.

-
Surprise birthday celebration during my foundation year. Cream. Lots and lots of cream. 

-
Meeting James Lee, author of Mr. Midnight. You can find the photo of him, me and my sister form like, 8 years ago at the back of 'Lady Long Neck'. First author I ever got to meet my whole life. The only one so far too.

-
Singing Japanese anime songs with my primary school besties when I was about 10 or 11. We basically memorized the lyrics and can sing for hours if the teachers did not enter the class.

*****

I hope that this blog post made you count your blessings and recall your own happy memories. Do write yours down somewhere before those memories fade! :)

Popular Posts