750 Words - Day 1


So, I'm starting with this 750 words thing today. I don't know how long it's going to take me to write this, but I think it would be a great initiative?

I don't even know what I'm babbling on about to be honest, but I have to admit - this sounds a lot more fun than just thinking about a topic and writing about it. I was actually looking for the desktop version of write-a-day when I stumbled upon 750 Words.

It's kind of like a writing challenge, something to motivate you to write more everyday or at least get into the practice of it? So, here it is. 750 words.

IDK though, I might like this one better, or I might not. All I know is I fell in love with the Writeaday aesthetics, and the idea of being prompted to write 750 words a day is also a fun thing to do, especially on desktop.

Years after using a mobile phone and I still am not too used to typing on phone. It's just so uncomfortable in comparison, pressing all the little buttons and pressing the wrong ones all the time. I don't know if others would prefer typing on the phone, but I know that I don't.

I just noticed that there's this counter at the bottom counting the number of words I've written. That's kinda cool too. And now that I'm half the page down, the super minimalist and clean interface is starting to appeal to me.

Maybe clean is good. Uncluttered. No need for fancy colors and features. I can go all deep-mode by saying shit like 'remember to be grateful for all the simplicity in life!' and so on, but that would be kind of pretentious, wouldn't it?

I'm still babbling on, aren't I?

As it turns out, it's super easy to just type out whatever's in my head - any thought that come to mind and all. The words just flow, and I haven't had that privilege for a while! The words have been feeling a bit forced recently, and I haven't been producing write-ups that I feel incredibly proud of.

I haven't been writing those sweet little love letters to my darling either.

I think it's just that we have been seeing each other everyday and spending so much time around each other? He must have moved in with me for the past 2 months + by now. Aside from our working time, we spend the rest of the time together for most part.

It's nice. He's always there.

Well, sometimes he's just playing his games a lot or taking so many vaping breaks, but that's part and parcel of staying with him. At least he's been feeling super comfortable and loved here :)

I remember how happy I felt when I moved out, finally gaining a daily life freedom that I never really had the chance to experience. This is his time, even if he's still in the internship period in the last run of his studies.

I'm quite excited to see what's waiting ahead for him. It would be fun, wouldn't it? He's going to get even more immersed in car race stuff, that much I can guess. Car drifts, car races and track days.

Speaking of track days though, yesterday he was actually sleep talking again!

This time it's a little different from the usual though. Usually it's just super short phrases and mumbling of strange words.

Yesterday he was speaking super coherently. Somehow he was speaking in Cantonese, and it's a pity that I didn't hear the first half of whatever he was saying. It has to be at least two complete sentences there.

All I heard towards the end was "And then they hold a track day there".

Which shows that my boy is thinking of car races and track days even in his sleep! My goodness. Just how much does he love car stuff? ... I guess it's a lot, isn't it? That was kind of a dumb question.

Eh, whatever. He's cute that way xD

Recently he has been throwing more tantrums like the little boy that he is. I can't blame him fully for yesterday though. I mean... After giving him a playful smack I actually accidentally supplex-ed him?

I meant to carry him in his curled up position, but by some wrong movements and whatnot I just ended up rolling up upwards before we both fell to our side and his head made a soft 'thunk' noise when he hit the floor.

I didn't mean to though, I swear xD

Now that the tantrum is over, I'm seeing it as a funny experience!

Aaand that's 750 words. 11 minutes. Not too shabby a time huh?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What Do You Think?