I Think I Just Found the Best Wedding Vows


Wedding vows are beautiful.

If I only have enough budget to prioritize ONE thing in a wedding ceremony, it would be a stream of beautiful words from my husband-to-be. If he's too shy to say it out loud, that's fine. I can read it from a note with his handwritings, and I'd still be just as happy!

The Best Wedding Vow from my Childhood - Until Today

My personal favourite was actually the one featured in Corpse Bride by Tim Burton. I fell in love with it after seeing it in the movie, but my young mind was not able to grasp it fully yet.

A few years later, I did grow to appreciate it. Honestly, I still wouldn't mind if this were to be my own wedding vows.

Corpse Bride Wedding Vows 

It goes like this:
With this hand,
I will lift your sorrows.
Your cup will never empty,
For I will be your wine.
With this candle,
I will light your way in darkness.
With this ring,
I ask you to be mine.
And then, I came to learn about the traditional Celtic Wedding Vows today, which is an epitome of awesome and beauty that I did not know existed.

Beautiful Traditional Celtic Wedding Vows


Here it goes:
Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone.
I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One.
I give ye my Spirit, 'til our Life shall be Done. 
You cannot possess me for I belong to myself
But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give
You cannon command me, for I am a free person
But I shall serve you in those ways you require
and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand.
I vow you the first cut of my meat, the first sip of my wine,
from this day it shall only your name I cry out in the night
and into your eyes that I smile each morning;
I shall be a shield for you back as you are for mine,
no shall a grievous word be spoken about us,
for our marriage is sacred between us and no stranger shall hear my grievance.
Above and beyond this, I will cherish and honor you through this life
and into the next.
Supposedly, there are other versions of these wedding vows. It also comes in different parts and phrases, but the ones I shared above are the ones that I love the most.

Do you know of other beautiful wedding vows?  You'll absolutely have to let me know if you do! Just click on the comment section below and share the beauty of weddings with us here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What Do You Think?