Like Puzzles

 I’m an unfinished puzzle

with so many pieces. 

Ever-changing


Sometimes I replace a piece with another

It fits, snug,

A bright, colorful piece in between other dark, worn out pieces


Then a wave of emotions wash over me

I’m convinced putting the bright piece there just feels stupid now

So I tugged it out and

put the dark piece back

A familiar piece

Dark and heavy, yet oddly comforting

I knew it, 

I’ve been it,

I know how it feels in me


I know I should want to replace these pieces with brighter colors

The core of my puzzle pieces yearn for it

I remember feeling the bright piece fitting in

The calm

The peace

The subtle happiness passing through me

I could do anything

U n s t o p p a b l e


But how am I to let go

when the dark pieces have been a part of me for so, so long?


I know I’ll get there someday

The pieces of my unfinished puzzle

will form

a beautiful collage

Each piece something I love

A lesson learnt

A new perspective gained

A little pebble I picked up 

– just because I liked it.


Each piece would make up a part of me

And I just need to remember

that the dark pieces won’t stay there forever

I can make my own new pieces

and I will fit them in.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

What Do You Think?