Like Water

 I love you

Like a pool of water, 

calm, 

ever-present, 

absorbing your body, your motions



Like the flow of a river,

flowing fast,

pulling you along,

Impatient



Like the waves lapping at the beach,

reaching out just to be able to touch you 

I subside, I shy away

And suddenly, in a big wave, I swallow you whole





I needed you

Your whole being



Your hot crown of fervent, bright lights

Your tangled shadows creeping in your footsteps

Your strength

Your-


I love you strongly

Intense, 

Ever-needing

Your whole being submerged in me and still, 

I needed to be within you

Like you need me

As much as I need you




I contain you

calming your fiery blaze, 

Ground you,

You can feel my heat rise when your temper glows like a hot iron

Sway you.

Float or sink, you do as you want

For I am but the medium in which you’ve chosen to sink into 




I am constant

I am here

I am present




I’m like water, 

I love you,

In ways the licks of your flame will never understand

Like the way my waves will always be taken aback by your glorious fire


You Might Also Like

0 comments

What Do You Think?