Huawei Honor 6A Pro - A Short Review

Huawei Honor 6A Pro - A Short Review

So, Huawei Honor 6A Pro was quite a new release, released for just a little over 1 month when I purchased it in Malaysia after my trusty Lenovo P70-A’s screen cracked quite suddenly. I bought it for RM699 at time of purchase about 1 week ago.

The box contained only a few things: The phone, a charger with its cable, a small pin for you to put in the SIM card(s) & SD Card, a pre-applied screen protector and the warranty card.

First thing I noticed:

This model is very thin at about 8.5mm at most and feels lightweight as well. The navigation buttons were on the screen instead of on the shell itself. Right where the navigation buttons usually would be on any other phones, Huawei placed their branding there so we have about 1.5cm of unused space on the phone itself.
Navigation buttons on Huawei Honor 6A Pro
On the bright side, you can customize the navigation buttons to reorder them, and can access them through the floating dock as well!

Huawei Honor 6A Pro Image from GSM Arena


For this phone, you can either have 2 SIM cards or 1 SIM card + 1 memory card. I personally chose to use the phone without extra storage. Although the phone claims to have 32GB internal storage, the usable ones amounted up to 19GB; The rest are system files and the necessary apps. It’s good enough that I can have a phone with a 3GB RAM though. With all apps cleared I’d have up to 1.80GB RAM, and I rarely ever have to clear the apps to prevent lagging. It works fast and smooth, I’ll give it that.

The camera’s primary camera lets you take photos up to 13MP, while the front-facing one is only 5MP. I prefer Lenovo’s camera quality at this point, to be honest. Audio’s perfectly fine as well, clear & crisp sounds. There weren’t any issues of volumes being too low. I could watch a movie or video and hear the audio perfectly without earphones.

This multi-screen thing is a new feature to me. It allows you to use two apps at the same time, and you can adjust the heights you allocate each app. This means you can watch a YouTube video while you use your messenger apps and I personally think that’s just great. It also has a built-in screen recorder feature and the eye-comfort feature which tones down the blue light so your eyes feel less strained should you use your phone under bad lighting.



Oh, of course. There’s also the fingerprint recognition function, which makes unlocking the phone so much more convenient. Love it. I haven’t actually tried all the customizations and features available, but having used it how I usually do, the battery holds up well. Switching from 4000mAh battery from previous Lenovo to the current one which has only 3020mAh, I was worried that the battery capacity wouldn’t be enough for me. Sure enough I do need to charge it up to 2 times a day – once in the afternoon and once at night, but that’s only because I keep a game or two running on my device for several hours and my phone data switched on all the time when I don’t have WiFi access.

Overall this phone is actually a nice, affordable budget phone with features that seems to go beyond its prices. My only issue with it so far? I can’t find a tempered glass for this phone yet because it’s too new! Well, that just means that I need to be real careful with this one for now. I bought an armored phone case meanwhile! 😂😂


Price range:
☆☆☆☆☆

Photo quality: 
☆☆☆☆★

Battery capacity:
☆☆☆☆★

Audio quality: 
☆☆☆☆☆

Features & customization: 
☆☆☆☆★

Overall: 
☆☆☆☆★

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What Do You Think?