Liese - Red Velvet Color Product Review


Liese - Red Velvet
Okay. To be honest I have been wanting to get my hair properly dyed for a while, but never really had the money nor the chance to. The past 2 years, I have had my mother who worked in a hair salon in her younger days dye my hair for me. Being a regular Asian mother, she wouldn’t ever let me dye the so-called ‘crazy hair colors’. She would dye my hair brown, or at most a lighter shade of brown. Never completely either, so that when my hair grows out the black-brown line in my hair wouldn’t be too distinct.

Meanwhile, I wanted purple, blue, red, a mix of all three in ombre or ashy color…

Basically, the ‘crazy hair colors’. 

After moving out from my parents’ house to stay nearer to the university, permission became less of
an issue. Instead, money became the factor. Hair dyeing could be so very expensive when done by those professionals around here, and I didn’t have a proper income while I was studying, so I never dyed my hair while I was in college, nor did I dye it when I was in university.

Then now I’m at work, starting to earn for myself. I realized that I’m now 22 and if I don’t go try out new things now I will look ridiculous as an auntie that dyes her hair in weird colors not suited to her age. I still needed to save money though, RM300+ for a hair dye session was too much for me. So, I bought Liese’s Creamy Bubble Color Red Velvet instead, as recommended by a colleague. There weren’t any reviews of this color online though, so here’s my 2-cents.

My hair was already slightly brown-ish before I tried this product. Under good lighting, it would look like this photo right somewhere right below here:
Before the crazy-hair colors

I did the allergy test, but only for barely an hour and after seeing no signs of itchiness or rashes, I continued with the process. Instructions were pretty straightforward. Pour contents of the first, smaller bottle into the bigger one, tile it upside down gently several times, and put the pink color foamy applicator thing into the bigger bottle. Squeeze a little onto the gloves to see if it’s foamy enough, then proceed to apply it like how you would with hair shampoo or conditioner.

It didn’t give my hair a foamy appearance at first, but halfway through the bottle my hair was already covered in purplish foam and when I finished using the whole bottle’s contents, I was at the peak of foaminess. The ammonia smell wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be, but it sure stings my eyes a little when I dye those pesky little hairs near my eyes! No, they didn’t get into my eyes. The fumes are enough to make you feel that urge to shut your eyes though.
Foamy foamyy
Piled-up foam

The foam stuck easily to my hair, and I combed through the mass of it every now and then while adding more foam. When I was done, I just kind of put my hair in a heap on the top of my head and waited around 20 minutes. There were recommendations of keeping it there for 30 minutes of even 45 minutes, but since it’s my first try I didn’t want to leave the foam in too long. Washing it off took a while, but that extra rinse-off treatment was so good! My hair was softer than any conditioner had helped it to be, tangle-free and smelling flowery.

I dried my hair off to see how it might look in just the simple room lighting, and it turned out to be ... mediocre. I couldn't see any colors. Is it black? Did my hair even change?
Office Lighting
Room Lighting

 I couldn’t see much colors or difference from my previous one and I was a little disappointed to be honest. But then, today, the color seemed to show more, perhaps because the lighting was better around here. Under sunlight, you could definitely see the red. Pardon the super bright photo, I was busy reflecting the sunlight off my skin and hair fibers. Under normal lighting, my hair color looks more or less like a darker version of copper-red. I can just hold up some of my hair and see the red in it though, but that’s really hard to photograph.

Yay
Eyebrows' existence sacrificed
for this photo

Overall? I’d rate this product 5/5. I’m actually satisfied with this product, and knowing that the colors can show even when I only left it in for 20 minutes, I’ll try leaving it on a while longer next time. My hair’s quite long but thin, and one bottle was sufficient with quite some to spare. I bought it through Shopee Mall because they had promotions going on and with my Shopee coins, I bought one box for RM29, which isn’t too bad. Definitely worth the price and fun to try!


I wonder if Liese will come up with blue-ish colors in the future. That would definitely be worth a try too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What Do You Think?