Journey to Endless Patience - Freelancing


Alright just let me rant.

Freelancing can be good extra money. I work my full-time job, and then I return home to work on my freelance work, and I can earn more than my full-time job's monthly income just from my freelancing job. It's good money, it is. But when you might be having your PMS and you become really easy to piss off, the zen and endless patience that you are known for just dissolves, rots and disappears like Logan Paul's popularity.

Here's shit that I want to complain about.

You will meet employers who pay you only after you bug them endlessly for days and lodge a report against them. "Don't worry, we will pay you today." You wait today, tomorrow, and the next entire week and there will be no progress. They will contact you when they need you to work, but when you send a message regarding payments, they will leave your messages unread.

You will meet employers who say, "Relax. I've been here a long while. Your pay won't go anywhere" and refuse to use the safe payment options which guarantees that you will get paid. "Please accept the pending milestone so that I can continue working," you might say. They will blast you with a series of "Don't worry" and "Don't worry" and did I mention more "Don't worry"?

You will meet employers who give you vague instructions and expect you to understand, refusing to elaborate more and then ask for endless revisions when you follow the vague instructions. "U dnt understn the work dear." Of course I don't. That's why I asked. Don't 'dear' me. It's disgusting and it makes me want to punch you in the face.

You will meet cheap-ass bastards who want to pay you $0.50 for a 300-word article or maybe pay you $3 for a 1000-word article. "This is going to be a long-term project so please bid accordingly."
Dear sirs and missuses, how about I employ you to do my job for me but I pay you like $2 each day. It's long-term afterall. You can do it until you retire. How does that sound?

You will meet bid wasters. A lot of freelancing job sites require you to use a bidding system. You want to get pure profit without purchasing extra bids? There's bid wasters for that. You have extra bids that you worked hard to pay for? There's bid wasters for that too. "Contact me on Skype for more information." How about no and fuck off?

You will meet creepers. "I'm looking for an open-minded virtual assistant to hold video calls and phone calls with me." Don't even bother with those. You see the word 'open-minded' and 'video calls' linked together, you run. That's what you do.

You will meet unreasonable buyers. You can tell them "I can only work on flexible hours since I have a full-time job. I should be able to write about 2 - 3K words daily at max." and they will still bug you non-stop as if they did not know about your full time job even if you remind them again and again.

You will meet assholes and asshats and asses in general. You will also meet cunts and dicks and twats and donkeys; whatever swear word that is trending where you come from.

You will meet all of these and still struggle to find the inner peace and patience in you that lets you reply or send a message to them nicely so that at least you are being a decent human being, all just so that your chat won't be reported and your account won't be closed. The easier solution?

"Hi *Name*, I don't think that I can work with you anymore. You are not very reasonable to work with and I prefer not to continue our collaboration. Please release any pending payments and we can discuss further after that if you have any other requests."

I have finally managed to get $300 in pending payment today after more than a week of trying to get a buyer to release the pending amount. Keep in mind that the works have been approved and revisions have been made. Keep in mind also, that it was agreed upon that the payments should be released within 48 hours after the work is approved.

I finally got my money, but I'm still pissed.

Maybe it's the birth control medication that I am trying.

And now, lunch time.

Also, I'm grateful for all the good buyers that I managed to work with. Thank you guys for being pleasant and releasing the funds on time and all your clear instructions, etc etc.

Bless.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Haha... Wondering, what kind of buyer am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lavanay,

      You're definitely one of the best buyers that I have ever worked with. I appreciate that! Thank you :)

      Delete

What Do You Think?